Dan East, Founder, D-Signs

Image Reports speaks to Dan East, founder, D-Signs.

What’s having the greatest impact on your business at the moment?

Quite simply, word-of-mouth. 

Where do you see the greatest wide-format opportunities?

All of the usual products like vehicle wraps, large signs etc. are still popular and I think always will be. I also believe that there is an increasing market for banners and other temporary signage, thanks partly no doubt, to the media-imposed credit crunch.

Your favourite bit of (wide-format print related) kit is..?

Difficult to choose!  The Mutoh ValueJet is certainly an impressive machine, but even after 18 years I still find myself fascinated by watching the Mutoh Kona plotter cutting stock vinyl. In short we couldn’t function properly without either of them.

What’s the best bit of business advice you’ve been given?

Don’t try to get rich in one go. Do a good job at the right price and the work will keeping coming in. So far that has proven itself to be 100% accurate.

What are you most proud of achieving?

Without a doubt the reputation that we’ve earned, which has allowed us to secure some excellent contracts to date I firmly believe that recommendation is the best form of advertising.

What lesson does the wide-format sector need to learn?

The days of being able to charge a premium for a brand name vinyl are gone. Expensive doesn’t always equal superior – smaller brands have caught up and in some cases surpassed the big brands and in todays climate if we can offer a saving without sacrificing the quality of our work we feel we owe it to our customers to do so.  We simply offer the best product for the job, regardless of the name on the backing sheet.

www.d-signs.uk.com

Upcoming Events

@ImageReports