Over to you...Steve Tanner, Director, Vinyl Decals

What’s having the greatest impact on your business at the moment?

We are experiencing exciting times, having recently moved from a small workshop to brand new purpose built premises. This has had the biggest impact - increasing our print capacity hugely.

Where do you see the greatest wide-format opportunities?

There are opportunities to be had everywhere - every business needs printed material. The greatest wide-format opportunities lie in décor though - custom printed wallpaper is a good example.

What would make your day-to-day operations easier?

If I could be in ten places at once my life would be easier! An in-house job-flow system would streamline production - something for the future.

Your favourite bit of kit is..?

Apart from the coffee pot and my Alienware laptop, it would have to be my whole business, including the staff - without any of these none of it would have been possible. So a big thank you there!

What’s the best bit of business advice you’ve been given?

To say ‘yes’. Then learn how to do what you’ve said you can do, and do it well.

What are you most proud of achieving?

I have built my company up from having a cheap Chinese vinyl cutter in my spare room as a hobby, to what we have now. It may have taken me ten years, but I am very proud of it.

What lesson does the wide-format sector need to learn?

The printer manufacturers need to listen to end users more and make production more efficient and streamlined.

Upcoming Events

@ImageReports