Printing inks and coatings specialist Siegwerk has announced its new sustainable business strategy entitled ‘HorizonNow’.
The programme focuses on seven measurable targets based on the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals, to be realised by 2025. These include:
- Achieve carbon neutral scope 1 and 2 emissions globally
- Ensure 100 percent of Siegwerk suppliers are committed to UN Global Compact Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) requirements
- Establish product environmental footprint data for 100 percent of Siegwerk products
- Be the trendsetter for the safest inks by proactively improving Siegwerk’s products and setting new industry standards in consumer and environmental safety
- Manage our portfolio so that 75 percent of all products or services sold enable reusable, renewable or recyclable packaging
- Achieve a minimum gender representation at the executive level of 15 percent
- Ensure a Total Incident Rate (TIR) of less than 1.0
In addition, Siegwerk will pursue a certification by EcoVadis to externally monitor and verify the company’s performance.
HorizonNow has been designed to focus on four areas of impact integral to Siegwerk’s business. These are: operations and supply chain; product safety and responsibility; circular economy; and people and communities.
The Siegwerk executive board has approved a new organisational set-up that includes a new sustainability office, led by Alina Marm as head of global sustainability and circular economy. The sustainability office will also include a global sustainability manager, backed up by a leader for each of the four areas of impact.