The 28th Fespa Awards is now open to entries from PSPs and sign-makers.
The awards celebrate exceptional talent within global speciality print industry across 14 categories. The print related categories are:
- Display and Packaging on Paper and Board
- Display and Packaging on Plastic - Point of Purchase
- Serigraphies and Fine Art
- Decals and Printed Labels
- Creative Special Effects – Paper Board and Plastics
- Special Effects on T-shirts, Garments and Other Textiles
- Printed Garments
- Roll-to-Roll Printed Textiles
- Glass, Ceramic, Metal and Wood Products
- Direct Printing on Three Dimensional Products
- Non-Printed Signage
- Functional Printing - Fascias, Dials, Name plates
The final category is the Young Star Award, which can be entered by those aged 16 to 25 working as a junior employee, trainee or student in any print related discipline. Entrants can enter this award by submitting work in any of the print related categories.
This year Fespa has introduced two sub-categories for the Young Star Award:
- Vocational trainee in digital or screen printing, including apprentices or interns that have been on placement for more than 12 months, endorsed by their manager.
- Design student for digital or screen printing endorsed by their educational establishment.
In addition to the 14 categories, entrants will automatically be entered for two further awards:
- The People’s Choice Award, which is selected by Fespa’s online community from all entries. Voting will be open from 4 February to 4 March 2019.
- The Best in Show Award, decided by the FESPA Awards Judges.
Within each print category, there are four sub-categories which applicants can enter: digital printing, screen printing, mixed techniques and non-printed.
Early bird and Fespa member rates will be available for entries made before 2 November 2018. After this date, entries will cost 50 Euro per entry for members, 100 Euro per entry for non-members and 15 Euro for trainees and students.
All shortlisted entries will be displayed at the FESPA Global Print Expo 2019 in Munich, Germany from 14 to 17 May. Winners of the 2019 awards will be announced at the 2019 Gala Dinner, which will take place on Wednesday 15 May in Munich.